Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to the Factory

So, back to work today. Hoooo-ray. Oh well, we have to eat somehow. And until this music thing I'm gambling on starts to get me somewhere, I'll be pulling this 7-7 for awhile. No 9-5 for me. Just three or four long, boring 12-hr shifts every week. Decent pay, but the work itself is bollocks. So for all you employees out there complaining about sitting at a computer for 8 hours straight, why not come work with me?!

THIS IS MADNESS!!!

I often say that to myself when I'm at my place of employment. Before I started working there, we were bought out by a company not quite as large as the previous company. In fact, I don't even think the stock for our company is traded on the market. Its more of an investment group type company, mainly focused on making a large profit margin. In order to do that, so far this year they have canceled our perfect attendance bonus, taken away their 401-k matching (which really isn't so bad, because a lot of companies don't even offer 401-k matching from what I've heard), and also they won't be handing out free turkeys at thanksgiving anymore... DID YOU HEAR THAT?!? GAAAHHHH, NOT THE FREE TURKEYS.

So what could possibly be next, I wonder. Maybe a pay cut, because our factory is one of the highest paying in the company. Or possibly layoffs when things slow down this winter. This is what I have to look forward to. Guess I better get on the ball with this music career, eh?

0 comments: